Dance Expressions Policies 2022-2023
- Tuition is due on the 1st of each month, regardless of vacations, holidays, and inclement weather, and due no later than the 10th. Invoices will be sent via e-mail between the 20th and the 25th of each month.
- Payments can be made via cash, check, credit card, e-check, online through the customer portal, autopay, or by mail. When mailing your payment, postage must be before the 10th to not incur a late fee.
- There is a convenience fee on all electronic payments. Payment by cash or physical check do not have an added fee. Current fees can be found on our website and will automatically be applied to the account. Electronic Payment Fees
- After the 10th of the month, a $25 late fee will be charged and enforced on all accounts past due, regardless of what the balance is for. ie: shoes, apparel, performance fee, costumes, tuition, etc. Late notices will be sent via email.
- All accounts that sign up for autopay, will be drafted between the 1st and the 5th of the month. Auto-pay accounts will have the full amount due each month charged to their credit card or e-check, including but not limited to shoes, apparel, performance fee, costumes, tuition, etc.
- When enrolling 2 or more students from the same household, you will receive 10% off the lowest class tuition. This discount excludes shoes, apparel, performance fee, costumes, entry fees, etc.
- Tuition is not pro-rated for absences. Dancers are encouraged to attend makeup classes for classes missed.
- Tuition is calculated on a set number of classes in the season and broken down into 9 monthly payments. Holidays, vacations, and inclement weather have been accounted for. If any class is canceled more than the allotted days scheduled for inclement weather, a make-up class will be scheduled in the spring.
- There is a $35.00 charge for returned checks and a $10.00 charge for bounced ACH transactions.
- Accounts with a 60-day outstanding balance will not be permitted to attend class until the account is brought current, or payment arrangements have been made with the studio owner.
- All accounts must be paid in full by June 1st, or a $50 late fee will be charged to the account. No student will be allowed to perform in the Annual Performance if their account has a balance.
COSTUMES AND PERFORMANCE FEES
- The performance fee includes a recital t-shirt, digital download of the shows, access to the Livestream feed of the shows, and a DE good luck gift. This fee is split into 4 monthly payments – Nov 1st, Dec 1st, Jan 1st, Feb 1st
- The costume fees include costume(s), accessories, DE garment bag, DE drawstring bag, tights (when applicable), and tax. Fees are split into 4 monthly payments – Nov 1st, Dec 1st, Jan 1st, Feb 1st
- Kinder classes will perform both ballet and tap numbers in the recital but will have only one costume.
- Jazz & Tap will use the same costume for recital for Intro to Youth and Youth levels.
- Junior thru Senior classes will have one costume per genre.
- Acting/Voice and Beginning Pointe classes will not participate in the recital and will not have a costume fee.
- Acting/Voice class will have its own show in May. Costumes will be minimal and self-purchased if needed.
- Tumbling is a non-recital class; however, we are offering a tumbling “production” that will perform in the recital. If you would like to participate, you must sign up. A signup will be emailed to all tumbling students in October. They will have one costume.
- Class adds/switches after November 15th, will result in purchasing an additional costume.
- Auto-payment Accounts: Fees for your child’s performance fee and costume fees will be charged to the credit card or e-check you have on file unless you have set up different payment arrangements. Charges will be drafted on each due date-Nov 1st, Dec 1st, Jan 1st, and Feb 1st.
- Costume Distribution: Dancers will receive their costume(s) around the beginning of May.
- Refunds: There will be no performance package or costume refunds for dropped classes, withdrawals from the studio, or decisions not to participate in the recital after November 15th. A student that withdraws from a class after purchasing a costume may pick up the costume from June 1st – 15th. Costumes not picked up by then will be donated.
CLASS FORMAT / CANCELLATIONS
- A 5-minute transition period has been allotted in all schedules for ease of changing classes.
- We have a closed classroom policy; however, parents can watch class via waiting room monitors.
- No refunds will be made for students, who for any reason, do not come to class. Dancers are encouraged to attend makeup classes for classes missed.
- Should withdrawal from a class become necessary, a 30-day notice is required by submitting the Withdraw Form found on our website. You are responsible for the tuition amount for the 30 days, and until such notification, charges will continue to be invoiced to the account.
- DE reserves the right to cancel a class due to teacher illness, although there will be a substitute in most cases. If this happens, we will arrange a make-up time for classes. Your monthly tuition will not be adjusted whether you chose to attend the make-up class or not.
- During inclement weather, an e-mail and group text will be sent out if classes are canceled. You may also visit our website and/or Facebook page for any cancellation updates. We do not follow a specific school for closings, although we do use the district in which the studio is located as a guide when making a decision.
- The registration fee is $30 per student or $50 per family is non-refundable and due at the time of registration. Your child’s spot in class is not reserved until the registration fee is received.
- All students are automatically enrolled in the year-end recital, with the exception of, Tumbling, Beginning Pointe, and Acting/Voice. You may opt-out by submitting the Recital Opt-out Form that can be found on the website.
- Dress rehearsal is mandatory to participate in the recital unless arrangements have been made with the studio owner.
- Shoes and apparel are due at the time of purchase. Auto-pay accounts will be automatically be charged at the time of purchase.
- Specific performance dates and times for classes are subject to change.
- If your child is at the age of needing assistance to use the restroom, we recommend you stay at the studio during their class time.
- Dance Expressions cannot assume responsibility for the loss of personal property.
- Parents are responsible for their children before and after classes. Please drop off and pick up your child no more than 10 minutes before and after their scheduled class time.
- Your child’s photo & video may be used on the DE website, Instagram, Facebook, and on other marketing materials.
I have read a copy of Dance Expressions policies and will take the responsibility to carefully follow the rules and policies therein. I understand that Dance Expressions does not give credit and/or refunds for class(es) missed due to holidays, vacation, illness, weather, etc. I further understand that there are specific risks of physical or property damages, losses, or injury that may result from my or my child’s participation with Dance Expressions, and I voluntarily assume the risks associated with such participation.
PARENT RELEASE FORM FOR PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY
I give permission for Dance Expressions to use video footage and/or photographs of my child. This usage may include (but is not exclusive to) displaying publicly, distributing, or publishing, photographs, and/or video of my child for use in materials that include, but may not be limited to:
- printed materials (e.g. – brochures and newsletters)
- online and offline advertising and promotions
- videos and digital images for use on social media.
I acknowledge that I am giving unrestricted permission for my child’s image to be used in print, video, and digital media. I agree that these images may be used by Dance Expressions for a variety of purposes and that these images may be used without further notification. I do understand that any identifying information including surname and location will not be used in conjunction with any video or digital images.
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of the benefits derived from Dance Expressions, I (we), my heirs and executors do agree to indemnify and hold harmless, release and discharge Dance Expressions North, Inc, it’s agents, servants, or employees from any and all claims for personal injuries or property damage occurring to or sustained by my (our) child while participating in the said dance or tumbling activity, or while in the act of being transported to and from any activity related to dance or tumbling and including any and all consequential damage claims which I (we) may be entitled to recover from said injury or property claim.