Dance Expressions Policies 2019-2020
- Tuition is due the 1st of each month, regardless of vacations, holidays, and inclement weather, and due no later than the 10th. Invoices will be sent via e-mail between the 20th and the 25th of each month. If you are signed up for auto-pay, you will still receive an invoice, so you are informed of the amount being withdrawn from your account.
- Payments can be made via cash, credit card, debit card, check, online through the customer portal, or mail. When mailing your payment, the postage date must be before the 1st to receive the $5 early payment discount and before the 10th to not incur a late fee.
- There is a 3.5% service fee when paying with a credit card, making an online payment, and for auto pay accounts. This fee will automatically be applied to the account.
- Any account paid on or before the due date of the 1st will receive a $5 early payment discount.
- After the 10th of the month, a $25 late fee will be charged and enforced on all accounts past due, regardless of what the balance is for. ie: costumes, shoes, apparel, or tuition. Late notices will be sent via email.
- All accounts that sign up for auto-pay, will be drafted between the 1st and the 5th of the month. These accounts will receive the $5 early payment discount. If the payment is declined, the $5 discount does not apply. Auto-pay accounts will have the full amount due each month withdrawn from their bank account, including but not limited to tuition, shoes, apparel, costumes, etc.
- When enrolling 2 or more students from the same household, you will receive 10% off the lowest class tuition. This discount excludes costumes, recital fees, entry fees, etc.
- Tuition is not pro-rated for absences. Dancers are encouraged to attend makeup classes for classes missed.
- Tuition is calculated on 32 classes in the session and broken down into 9 convenient, monthly payments. Although 33-34 classes are scheduled; holidays, vacations, and inclement weather have been accounted for, ensuring that each class receives a minimum of 32 lessons between September and May. If any class is canceled more than the 2 allotted days scheduled for inclement weather, a make-up class will be scheduled in the spring.
- There is a $35.00 charge for returned checks.
- Accounts with a 60-day outstanding balance will be grounds to not permit your student(s) to attend class until the account is brought current, or payment arrangements have been made with the studio owner.
- All accounts must be paid in full by May 22, 2020, or a $50 late fee will be charged to the account. No student will be allowed to perform in the Annual Performance if their account has a balance.
- Costume amounts are approximate and subject to change. Changes in a student’s schedule can result in a change of costume and costume fees. Costume amount includes costume, accessories, HD digital download of recital routine, and sales tax.
- Kinder classes will perform both ballet and tap numbers in the recital but will have only one costume.
- Acting, Vocal, and Beginning Pointe classes will not participate in the recital and will not have a costume fee.
- Jazz & Tap will use the same costume for recital.
- Male dancers in co-ed classes will not have a costume ordered or billed. The teacher will discuss with the dancer’s parents what attire is to be worn for the performance.
- All other classes will have one costume per class.
- Class adds/switches after November 15, 2019, will result in purchasing an additional costume.
- Costume fees are split into 3 payments; due October 1, November 1, and December 1, 2019.
- Auto-payment Accounts: Fees for your child’s recital costumes will be charged to the card or bank account you have on file unless you have set up a different payment arrangement. Charges will be drafted on each due date, Oct 1, Nov 1, & Dec 1.
- Costume Distribution: Dancers will receive their costume(s) during our Spring Parent Sneak Peak Week. This week is a great opportunity to video the recital routine.
- Refunds: There will be no costume refunds for dropped classes, withdrawals from the studio, or decisions not to participate in the recital after November 15, 2019. A student that withdraws from a class after purchasing a costume may pick up the costume June 15 – June 28, 2020. Costumes not picked up by then will be donated.
ANNUAL PERFORMANCE FEES
- The annual performance fee of $65 per student, includes performance tights, recital t-shirt, and 2 show tickets. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and due April 1, 2020.
CLASS FORMAT / CANCELLATIONS
- A 5-minute transition time has been allotted in all schedules for ease of changing of classes.
- Parents are able to watch class via room monitors – we have a closed classroom policy.
- During Parent Watch Week parents may sit in on their child’s class.
- No refunds will be made for students, who for any reason, do not come to class. Dancers are encouraged to attend makeup classes for classes missed.
- Should withdrawal from a class become necessary, a 30-day written notice is required. Withdraw forms can be found on our website. You are responsible for the tuition amount for the 30 days, and until such notification, charges will continue to be invoiced to the account.
- DE reserves the right to cancel a class due to teacher illness, although there will be a substitute in most cases. If this happens, we will arrange a make-up time for classes. Your monthly tuition will not be adjusted whether you chose to attend the make-up class or not.
- During inclement weather, an e-mail and group text will be sent out if classes are canceled. You may also visit our website and/or Facebook page for any cancellation updates. We do not follow a specific school for closings, although we do use the district in which the studio is located as a guide when making a decision.
- The registration fee is $30 per student or $50 per family and is non-refundable, and due at the time of registration. Your child’s spot in class is not reserved until the registration fee is received.
- All students are automatically enrolled in the year-end recital. You may opt-out by emailing a note to the studio office. Costume fees are split into 3 payments, due October 1st, November 1st, and December 1st. Dress rehearsal is mandatory in order to participate in the recital unless arrangements have been made with the studio owner.
- All students must have proper shoes and dance attire. If you do not have the correct shoes or apparel for 2 weeks, we will size your child, give them what they need, and automatically bill your account.
- Shoes and apparel are due at the time of purchase. Auto-pay accounts will be automatically be charged at the time of purchase.
- Specific performance dates and times for classes are subject to change.
- Any account with an outstanding balance will be cause for their child to not be allowed to participate in the recital.
- If your child is at the age of needing assistance to use the restroom, you are required to stay at the studio during their class time, as a staff member will not be allowed to accompany them into the restroom.
- Dance Expressions cannot assume responsibility for loss of personal property.
- Parents are responsible for their children before and after classes. Please drop off and pick up your child no more than 10 minutes before and after their scheduled class time.
- Your child’s photo & video may be used on the DE website, Instagram, Facebook, and on other marketing materials.